Posted on 2010-01-13. By anonymous.
Oxford University Press, USA | 1996 | ISBN: 0198534590 | 296 pages | Djvu | 1,9 MB
The classification of the finite simple groups is one of the major intellectual achievements of this century, but it remains almost completely unknown outside of the mathematics community. This introduction to group theory is also an attempt to make this important work better known.
Emphasizing classification themes throughout, the book gives a clear and comprehensive introduction to groups and covers all topics likely to be encountered in an undergraduate course. Introductory chapters explain the concepts of group, subgroup and normal subgroup, and quotient group. The
homomorphism and isomorphism theorems are explained, along with an introduction to G-sets. Subsequent chapters deal with finite abelian groups, the Jordan-Holder theorem, soluble groups, p-groups, and group extensions. The numerous worked examples and exercises in this excellent and self-contained
introduction will also encourage undergraduates (and first year graduates) to further study.
In order not to miss many of them follow ebooks section (see top of each page on AH)
and visit my blog too :)
- Ebooks list page : 4046
- 2012-01-14Essays in Group Theory - Removed
- 2011-09-01Recent Advances in Group Theory and Low-Dimensional Topology - Removed
- 2019-07-01A Course on Group Theory
- 2018-02-01[PDF] A Course in Group Theory (Oxford Science Publications)
- 2017-11-02[PDF] A Course on Group Theory (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- 2016-09-25A Course on Group Theory
- 2010-04-10Finite Groups: A Second Course on Group Theory (Series in Algebra)
- 2009-06-24A Course on Group Theory
- 2009-02-18Finite Groups: A Second Course on Group Theory (Series in Algebra)
- 2022-03-05Udemy - A First Course in Abstract Algebra Group Theory,Ring Theory
- 2020-08-10A First Course in Abstract Algebra Group Theory
- 2020-08-05A First Course in Abstract Algebra Group Theory
- 2017-12-25[PDF] A Course on Geometric Group Theory
- 2010-06-17A Course On Geometric Group Theory
- 2022-01-09Airtable Course for Beginners - Theory and Practice
- 2022-01-08Airtable Course for Beginners: Theory and Practice
- 2021-12-29Invariants And Pictures Low-dimensional Topology And Combinatorial Group Theory
- 2021-12-26Abstract Algebra - Group Theory with the Math Sorcerer
- 2021-12-26Abstract Algebra: Group Theory with the Math Sorcerer
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.