Posted on 2020-01-15, by nokia241186.
Basic Land Navigation: How to Find Your Way and Not Get Lost
Video: .mp4 (1280x720, 30 fps(r)) | Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, 2ch | Size: 2.22 GB
Genre: eLearning Video | Duration: 4 hours | Language: English
Practical ways to find your way across the terrain using only a map and a compass to guide you.
What you'll learn
Use a topographic map for orientation and a compass for direction to find your way across the terrain.
It is recommended that you have a USGS topographic map of your favorite area, and a base plate compass. In addition, military personnel will need a military lensatic compass, and a military protractor.
The specific purpose of this course is to provide you in easy-to-learn chunks the information you need to become a competent map-and-compass land navigator. You'll find useful information on path finding, compass use, and map reading.
Lectures include how to use any lengthy terrain feature as a "catching" feature or a "handrail." Plus, you'll see how to use a compass (including a military lensatic compass and protractor), including how to work with magnetic declination. You'll see why "aiming off" makes such good sense. And you'll see why dividing your trip into numerous legs, each ending at a "checkpoint" can help you find your may across great stretches of terrain.
We'll go over the time-honored navigation practice of dead reckoning, and how to use it under conditions of limited visibility, such as at night, or when you're fogged in or "greened in" by thick foliage.
We'll also cover USGS topographical maps, including how to read contour lines, measuring distance on the map, and interpreting depictions of terrain features.
You might be asking yourself "Why do I need to know all this stuff if I have a GPS?" And the answer is "While GPSes are great, they should supplement, and not replace good low-tech backup navigation skills based on the proper use of map and compass."
Besides the course lectures, students will receive in the form of downloadable PDF files, two books I've written on land navigation. These books supplement the Udemy lectures. Total course completion time is about 8 hours.
Those needing land navigation skills include:
·hikers, hunters, outdoor photographers
·search and rescue personnel
·wilderness medical personnel
·anybody else who wants to learn
Who this course is for:
This course is meant for outdoor enthusiasts, military personnel, orienteers, search-and-rescue team members, wilderness medical specialists, and anyone wanting to learn effective but low-tech route-finding skills, making use of a map and a compass.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 42446
- 2019-12-22Basic Land Navigation How to Find Your Way and Not Get Lost
- 2019-10-31Basic Land Navigation How to Find Your Way and Not Get Lost
- 2022-03-08How to Find Your Way Home
- 2021-08-01How to Find Your Way in the Dark by Derek B Miller
- 2018-11-14The Anatomy of Loneliness How to Find Your Way Back to Connection
- 2018-11-03The Essential Wilderness Navigator How to Find Your Way in the Great Outdoors
- 2011-07-30The Essential Wilderness Navigator: How to Find Your Way in the Great Outdoors, Second Edition
- 2021-08-10Style Comfort Home How to Find Your Style and Decorate for Happiness and Ease
- 2020-10-11The Two Most Important Days: How to Find Your Purpose and Live a Happier, Healthier Life [Audiobook]
- 2009-03-08The Millionaire in the Mirror: How to Find Your Passion and Make a Fortune Doing It--Without Quitting Your Day Job
- 2022-01-31Prepper's Survival Navigation - Find Your Way With Map And Compass As Well As Stars, Mountains
- 2020-12-13Blowing My Way to the Top How to Break the Rules, Find Your Purpose, and Create the Life and Career ...
- 2020-12-12Blowing My Way to the Top: How to Break the Rules, Find Your Purpose, and Create the Life and Career You Deserve
- 2020-12-08Blowing My Way to the Top How to Break the Rules, Find Your Purpose, and Create the Life and Career ...
- 2020-11-27Blowing My Way to the Top: How to Break the Rules, Find Your Purpose, and Create the Life and Career You Deserve
- 2020-03-11Prepper's Survival Navigation: Find Your Way with Map and Compass as well as Stars, Mountains, Rivers and other... (PDF)
- 2020-02-29Prepper's Survival Navigation: Find Your Way with Map and Compass as well as Stars, Mountains, Rivers and other Wilderness Signs
- 2018-09-22Inner Navigation Why We Get Lost and How We Find Our Way
- 2018-07-29Inner Navigation Why We Get Lost and How We Find Our Way
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.