Posted on 2022-09-13, by book2023.
English | ASIN: B0BBXG3WHQ | 2022 | 12 hours and 59 minutes | MP3 | M4B | 356 MB
Seven minutes past midnight on March 10, 1945, nearly 300 American B-29s thundered into the skies over Tokyo. Their payloads of incendiaries ignited a firestorm that reached up to 2,800 degrees, liquefying asphalt and vaporizing thousands; sixteen square miles of the city were flattened and more than 100,000 men, women, and children were killed. Black Snow is the story of this devastating operation, orchestrated by Major General Curtis LeMay, who famously remarked: "If we lose the war, we'll be tried as war criminals."
James M. Scott reconstructs in granular detail that horrific night, and describes the development of the B-29, the capture of the Marianas for use as airfields, and the change in strategy from high-altitude daylight "precision" bombing to low-altitude nighttime incendiary bombing. Most importantly, the raid represented a significant moral shift for America, marking the first time commanders deliberately targeted civilians-which helped pave the way for the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki five months later. Drawing on first-person interviews with American pilots and bombardiers and Japanese survivors, air force archives, and oral histories never before published in English, Scott delivers a harrowing and gripping account, and his most important and compelling work to date.
More Ebooks ,Course Expensive Download Click Here --> https://dl4all.org || https://oneddl.org
Download from UploadCloud
DONWLOAD FROM RAPIDGATOR
- Ebooks list page : 54239
- 2022-06-25The Soviet Nuclear Weapons Program The History and Legacy of the USSR's Efforts to Build the Atomic Bomb (Audiobook)
- 2021-12-13The Matter of Black Lives Writing from The New Yorker [Audiobook]
- 2022-08-05Dark Sun The Making of the Hydrogen Bomb (Audiobook)
- 2022-07-07A Doctor's Sword How an Irish Doctor Survived War, Capitivity and the Atomic Bomb
- 2022-06-26Racing for the Bomb The True Story of General Leslie R. Groves, the Man Behind the Birth of the Atomic Age (Audiobook)
- 2022-06-22Dropping the Atomic Bomb on Hirohito and Hitler What Might Have Happened if the A-Bomb Had Been Read...
- 2022-03-23The Atomic Bomb in Images and Documents The Manhattan Project and the Bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- 2021-01-07A Doctor's Sword : How an Irish Doctor Survived War, Captivity and the Atomic Bomb
- 2020-05-14Countdown 1945: The Extraordinary Story of the Atomic Bomb and the 116 Days That Changed the World
- 2019-03-10The Age of Radiance The Epic Rise and Dramatic Fall of the Atomic Era [Audiobook]
- 2018-11-15The Atomic Bomb and the Origins of the Cold War
- 2018-11-09Children of the Atomic Bomb An American Physician's Memoir of Nagasaki, Hiroshima, and the Marshall ...
- 2018-07-18Advocating Overlord: The D-Day Strategy and the Atomic Bomb
- 2018-06-15The Winter Fortress The Epic Mission to Sabotage Hitler's Atomic Bomb [Audiobook]
- 2018-06-15Advocating Overlord The D-Day Strategy and the Atomic Bomb
- 2018-06-07Advocating Overlord The D-Day Strategy and the Atomic Bomb
- 2018-06-07The Winter Fortress The Epic Mission to Sabotage Hitler's Atomic Bomb [Audiobook]
- 2018-06-04Advocating Overlord: The D-Day Strategy and the Atomic Bomb
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Enola Gay: The B-29 That Dropped the Atomic Bomb on Hiroshima
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.