Posted on 2020-05-16, by nokia241186.
Coursera - Hacking Exercise For Health. The surprising new science of fitness by MacMaster University
Video: .mp4 (1280x720) | Audio: AAC, 44100 kHz, 2ch | Size: 1.11 Gb | Materials: PDF
Genre: eLearning Video | Duration: 2h 12m | Language: English
Renowned exercise physiologists Martin Gibala and Stuart Phillips of McMaster University teach the surprising new science of cardio fitness and strength-building-and then provide you with hacks to get fit and strong (and healthy!) in less time than you ever thought possible. What's the right mix of exercise between cardio and strength? How do you know if you're working out hard enough? What's better, heavy or light weights? These questions and more are addressed through a course designed to provide even the most inexperienced of exercisers the tools you need.
The Basics of Fitness
The human body is rare in that it actually improves with use. In fact, the changes that various kinds of exercise trigger in the body are downright miraculous. This week, Marty and Stu explain the mechanics behind that process. They start by breaking down the two types of fitness: "Cardiorespiratory" and "musculoskeletal." Next, they'll tell you why each one is important to living a long and healthy life. With a can-do attitude designed to inspire, they'll inform you how much of each activity you're supposed to get, then wrap up the week by posing a question that exercise scientists have been debating for years: Which type of exercise is better for you?
This week Marty tells you all about cardiorespiratory fitness, and the latest research in terms of time-efficient ways to get fitter faster. Why do some scientists think that cardiorespiratory fitness should be the fifth vital sign? What is VO2max? What's an easy way to determine your own VO2max? And how does aerobic exercise boost it? The week wraps up with Marty teaching a series of techniques to build cardiorespiratory fitness in less time than you ever thought possible.
Many people believe strength training isn't for them. They might feel intimidated by lifting weights because they think it's only for big hulking bodybuilders. Besides, what are the health benefits of lifting weights? During week 3, Stu argues that everyone should engage in some form of strength training-and the practice becomes more important, not less, as you age. Once you're convinced, Stu teaches techniques that will help everyone to be stronger, to stave off the decline in muscle strength that otherwise happens as we age. Finally, Stu provides hacks to get you comfortable performing strengthening exercises-and teaches you to design your own resistance-training workouts.
Combining Cardio and Strength Fitness
Remember the question Marty and Stu posed in the first week? What's more important, cardiorespiratory or musculoskeletal health? In the last week they'll finally answer it for you. They'll talk about some of the surprising benefits of exercise-like the fact that it can help you mentally retain information (sweat so you don't forget!). They'll discuss the debate over the exercise pill. They'll teach you hacks that help you boost muscle strength and cardiorespiratory fitness, together-and finish the course by teaching you techniques to design your own fun, combined workouts designed to keep you exercising for the rest of your life!
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 43630
- 2020-05-30Coursera Hacking Exercise For Health The Surprising New Science Of Fitness By Macmaster Unive
- 2021-11-19Drop Acid: The Surprising New Science of Uric Acid―The Key to Losing Weight, Controlling Blood Sugar, and Achieving Extraordinary Health
- 2022-03-22Redirect The Surprising New Science of Psychological Change [Audiobook]
- 2022-03-22Drop Acid The Surprising New Science of Uric Acid - The Key to Losing Weight, Controlling Blood Sugar
- 2021-09-03Come As You Are The Surprising New Science That Will Transform Your Sex Life
- 2021-08-02Emily Nagoski Come The Surprising New Science That Will Transform Your Sex Life Si
- 2021-06-09Come As You Are The Surprising New Science That Will Transform Your Sex Life
- 2021-05-31Emily Nagoski Come The Surprising New Science That Will Transform Your Sex Life Simon Schuster 2021
- 2021-03-08Come As You Are: Revised and Updated: The Surprising New Science That Will Transform Your Sex Life [Audiobook]
- 2021-02-12Come As You Are: Revised and Updated: The Surprising New Science That Will Transform Your Sex Life
- 2020-06-29Come as You Are The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life
- 2020-06-26Come as You Are The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life
- 2020-03-05Come As You Are The Surprising New Science That Will Transform Your Sex Life - Removed
- 2020-02-15Raised by Animals: The Surprising New Science of Animal Family Dynamics
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Redirect: The Surprising New Science of Psychological Change
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life - Removed
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Redirect: The Surprising New Science of Psychological Change
- 2014-01-08Redirect: The Surprising New Science of Psychological Change (Repost) - Removed
- 2013-12-03Redirect The Surprising New Science of Psychological Change (Audiobook)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.