Posted on 2007-05-15, updated at 2007-08-06. By anonymous.
Emergencies and Complications in Gastroenterology
Acute emergencies in gastroenterology are extraordinarily severe conditions with high morbidity and mortality. Particularly severe diseases include acute pancreatitis, a difficult course of non-specific intestinal inflammations manifested by toxic colon or acute intestinal obstruction, and even acutely developed intestinal pseudo-obstruction (Ogilvieâ€™s syndrome) or variceal and non-variceal bleeding into the gastrointestinal tract. Undoubtedly serious factors influencing the accuracy of diagnostics and effectivity of therapy are the etiological multifactorial characteristics of changes that induce the acute state. Polymorbidity is also frequent among these patients and requires a complex diagnostic approach, often limiting the possibility of using an optimal therapeutic approach.
Effective diagnostics and therapy for acute conditions in gastroenterology requires a multidisciplinary team approach. In diagnostics, endoscopic examination enabling a simultaneous therapeutical solution is of fundamental importance in managing most diseases, which is valid for example in patients with acute bleeding into the alimentary tract, in acute pancreatitis, acute cholangitis or acute intestinal obstruction. However, endoscopy is an invasive method, and as many of these patients suffer from polymorbidity, the usage of endoscopic approaches is limited by the general clinical condition of patients, particularly with respect to cardiopulmonary risks
- Ebooks list page : 98
- 2007-05-27Emergencies and Complications in Gastroenterology
- 2012-04-30Pancreatitis and Its Complications (Clinical Gastroenterology) (Repost)
- 2010-08-30Pancreatitis and Its Complications (Clinical Gastroenterology)
- 2007-06-13Pancreatitis and Its Complications (Clinical Gastroenterology)
- 2022-04-06Managing Emergencies and Crises Global Perspectives, 2nd Edition
- 2021-07-24Nuclear Medicine Therapy Side Effects and Complications - Removed
- 2020-12-25Dentist's Guide to Medical Conditions and Complications
- 2020-07-26Advanced Nutrition and Dietetics in Gastroenterology (Advanced Nutrition and Dietetics (BDA))
- 2020-06-18Translational Research and Discovery in Gastroenterology: Organogenesis to Disease
- 2020-01-15Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Diagnosis and Therapeutics (Clinical Gastroenterology) Ed 3
- 2019-12-18Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty: Indications, Surgical Techniques and Complications
- 2019-12-09Elbow Arthroplasty: Current Techniques and Complications
- 2019-12-03Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty: Current Techniques and Complications
- 2019-11-22Nuclear Medicine Therapy: Side Effects and Complications
- 2019-11-22Managing Body Contouring Challenges and Complications
- 2019-01-30Bariatric Surgery Technical Variations and Complications - Removed
- 2019-01-11Bariatric Surgery Technical Variations and Complications
- 2018-11-14Melanoma in the Clinic - Diagnosis, Management and Complications of Malignancy
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Mediating Emergencies and Conflicts: Frontline Translating and Interpreting (Palgrave Studies in Translating and Interpreting) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.