Fluids and Electrolytes: A Thorough Guide covering Fluids, Electrolytes and Acid-Base Balance of the Human Body
Author: M. Mastenbjörk M.D.
Posted on 2020-05-01, by freebook77.
Fluids and Electrolytes
Let’s be very clear about this, the best way to start studying a new topic is to learn the basic fundamentals first before diving into the details. That way, you will not feel overwhelmed because you will understand the bigger picture first.
This book serves two purposes; It’s a great introduction for those that want a simple overview, and it’s also great for students looking for a quick recap that covers the most important information. How do you best prepare for an exam? If you don't have the time, you recap the fundamentals.
This book is a must-have for all nursing and medical students looking to broaden or refreshen their skills of understanding human pathophysiology. It is perfect for anyone that wishes to work in the medical field, and it is a great complementary tool to have when preparing for the NCLEX!
Many students are ordering this book together with other nursing books such as medical surgical nursing.
To test your knowledge, we have included multiple-choice questions after each chapter. The answers to these questions can be found at the very end.
There is no doubt, fluid maintenance remains one of the main foundations of medicine. Fluids are deemed as being the most essential substance of life. Around 60% of our body is made up of water, and this serves as a medium for transport of both nutrients and waste products. The electrolytes contained within the body water are responsible for the body’s most basic functions, such as nerve function, and functioning of voluntary and involuntary muscles, activating enzymes, and release of hormones.
Any patient, who is presented with a fairly serious medical illness, is bound to have some kind of imbalance in the fluid-electrolyte levels. All patients in intensive care units are routinely screened for such imbalances. Thus, it is apparent that a medical professional needs to have a firm grasp of the fundamentals of electrolytes, fluids and acid-base balance in the body, so that effective treatment can be carried out.
In this book, we will discuss the regulation of fluids, electrolytes, and the acid-base system, and how these factors are interconnected. When there is an imbalance in one of these electrolytes, the others are usually affected. Similarly, electrolyte imbalances can arise from, or be a result of, acid-base disorders. We will also discuss the signs and symptoms of various imbalances, and touch upon the management modalities for these imbalances. Common medical conditions where there are massive imbalances are described in the last chapter. There are summaries at the end of each chapter, that help you quickly glance through essential information.
With this book you will:
..Understand why Fluids and Electrolytes is such an important topic for clinicians
..Learn and understand the basic fundamentals
..Be able to test your knowledge with multiple-choice questions
- Ebooks list page : 43464
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Core Concepts in the Disorders of Fluid, Electrolytes and Acid-Base Balance - Removed
- 2014-06-02Core Concepts in the Disorders of Fluid, Electrolytes and Acid-Base Balance - Removed
- 2014-05-13Core Concepts in the Disorders of Fluid, Electrolytes and Acid-Base Balance (Repost) - Removed
- 2014-03-02SPRINGER CORE CONCEPTS IN THE DISORDERS OF FLUID ELECTROLYTES AND ACID BASE BALANCE 2012 RETAIL EBOOK-kE
- 2013-12-29Core Concepts in the Disorders of Fluid, Electrolytes and Acid-Base Balance
- 2009-08-03Water, Electrolytes, and Acid-Base Balance
- 2013-11-18The How and Why Wonder Book of the Human Body
- 2011-05-12Fluids, Electrolytes And Acid Base Imbalances
- 2012-11-03Fluids, Electrolytes & Acid-Base Balance, 2nd Edition by MaryAnn Hogan (PDF) - Removed
- 2022-11-23Adam Kay - Kay's Anatomy- A Complete (and Completely Disgusting) Guide to the Human Body (azw3 ep...
- 2022-07-29Kay's Anatomy A Complete (and Completely Disgusting) Guide to the Human Body
- 2022-02-23Anatomy & Physiology - A Simplified Guide To The Structures And Systems Of The Human Body
- 2021-08-29Study Guide to Accompany Memmler The Human Body in Health and Disease - Removed
- 2021-08-29Kay's Anatomy A Complete (and Completely Disgusting) Guide to the Human Body [Audiobook]
- 2021-04-03Kay's Anatomy: A Complete (and Completely Disgusting) Guide to the Human Body
- 2019-06-17Anatomy 101: From Muscles and Bones to Organs and Systems, Your Guide to How the Human Body Works
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Study Guide for Memmler's Structure and Function of the Human Body - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Facts on File Illustrated Guide to the Human Body: Brain and Nervous System
- 2017-12-10[PDF] The Facts On File Illustrated Guide To The Human Body: Heart and Circulatory System
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.