Into the Silk The Dramatic True Stories of Airmen Who Baled Out - And Lived
Posted on 2022-11-29, by book2023.
Into the Silk: The Dramatic True Stories of Airmen Who Baled Out - And Lived by Ian Mackersey
English | September 25, 2022 | ISBN: N/A | ASIN: B0B5B2BFCJ | 280 pages | EPUB | 0.44 Mb
From World War Two to the Jet Age, Ian Mackersey charts the thrilling and personal accounts of airmen who have jumped from their planes and survived.
An ideal book for fans of Helen Parr, Mark 'Billy' Billingham and Ollie Ollerton.
Since the test pilot Harold Harris became the first man to save his life with a parachute in 1922 there have been over 120,000 air force pilots and crew who owe their lives to their parachutes.
Into the Silk is full of astounding tales of people who against the odds bailed out of their planes and were therefore able to enter the annals of the Caterpillar Club, a society open only to men and women who survive aviation disaster with the aid of a parachute.
Mackersey records dramatic moments during the Second World War when pilots leapt from their burning planes while still being shot at by enemy fighters. He uncovers the descent of the extraordinarily lucky man who jumped from his damaged bomber but had to put his parachute on while falling through the sky and the pilot who found himself attached to a moving train and was dragged along for miles.
The book highlights the debts that all of these survivors owe to people such as Leslie Irvin, who invented the modern parachute and Sir James Martin, the great designer of ejection seats.
As the legendary pilot Douglas Bader states this book 'is well worth reading whether parachutes have come into your life or not.'
More Ebooks ,Course Expensive Download Click Here --> https://dl4all.org || https://oneddl.org
Download From 1DL
DONWLOAD FROM RAPIDGATOR
Links are Interchangeable - No Password - Single Extraction
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
6510 dl's @ 2609 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
6787 dl's @ 3075 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
9624 dl's @ 3378 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...Into the Silk The Dramatic True Stories of Airmen Who Baled Out - And Lived
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 55400
- 2013-04-30Heroes of the Environment: True Stories of People Who Are Helping to Protect Our Planet (Repost)
- 2011-09-06Heroes of the Environment: True Stories of People Who Are Helping to Protect Our Planet
- 2011-02-23Heroes of the Environment: True Stories of People Who Are Helping to Protect Our Planet
- 2017-12-03The Escape Artists: True Stories of People Who Turned Their Obsessions Into Professions
- 2011-08-24The Escape Artists: True Stories of People Who Turned Their Obsessions Into Professions
- 2009-02-26Anatomy of a Business Plan: The Step-by-Step Guide to Building a Business and Securing Your Company's Future
- 2022-10-11Behind the Horror True Stories That Inspired Horror Movies [Audiobook]
- 2022-06-25Ripped from the Headlines! The Shocking True Stories Behind the Movies' Most Memorable Crimes [Audiobook]
- 2022-04-04The People’s Princess: The brand new historical novel based on the gripping true stories of two British princesses who defied the monarchy and were loved by the people
- 2021-04-05Somme: Into the Breach (True EPUB)
- 2021-04-01Georgian London: Into the Streets (True EPUB)
- 2021-04-01Heard Amid the Guns: True Stories from the Western Front, 1914 1918
- 2021-03-12Even More Fantastic Failures: True Stories of People Who Changed the World by Falling Down First
- 2021-03-10Animals and the Afterlife: True Stories of Our Best Friends' Journey Beyond Death
- 2021-02-12Animals and the Afterlife: True Stories of Our Best Friends' Journey Beyond Death
- 2021-01-20Animals and the Afterlife True Stories of Our Best Friends' Journey Beyond Death
- 2020-12-14Behind the Horror True Stories That Inspired Horror Movies
- 2020-12-05At the Mercy of the Mountains - True Stories Of Survival And Tragedy In New York'...
- 2020-09-13The Dark Side of the Mind: True Stories from My Life as a Forensic Psychologist [Audiobook]
No comments for "Into the Silk The Dramatic True Stories of Airmen Who Baled Out - And Lived".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.