[PDF] Chinese Stories of Drug Addiction: Beyond the Opium Dens (Routledge/Asian Studies Association of Australia (ASAA) East Asian Series)
Posted on 2018-01-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Guy Ramsay | Publisher: Routledge | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 143 | ISBN: 113894629X | ISBN13: 9781138946293 |
Description: Addiction to illicit drugs is a pressing social concern across greater China, where there are likely several million drug addicts at present. This research breaks new ground by examining Chinese people's stories of drug addiction. Chinese Stories of Drug Addiction systematically evaluates how drug addiction is represented and constructed in a series of contemporary life stories and filmic stories from mainland China, Taiwan and Hong Kong. These stories recount experiences leading up to and during drug addiction, as well as experiences during drug rehabilitation and recovery. Through analysis of these contemporary life stories and filmic stories, the book presents a comprehensive picture of how Chinese people from both inside the experience of drug addiction and outside of it make sense of a social practice that is deemed to be highly transgressive in Chinese culture. It employs a blended discourse analytic and narrative analytic approach to show how salient cultural, political and institutional discourses shape these Chinese stories and experiences. Complementing existing humanities research which documents the historical narrative of drug addiction in China at the expense of the contemporary narrative, the book also provides health and allied professionals with a rich insight into how Chinese people from different geographical locations and walks of life make sense of the experience of drug addiction. Moving beyond historical narrative to examine contemporary stories, Chinese Stories of Drug Addiction offers a valuable contribution to the fields of Chinese studies and personal health and wellbeing, as well as being of practical use to health professionals.
Chinese Stories of Drug Addiction: Beyond the Opium Dens (Routledge/Asian Studies Association of Australia (ASAA) East Asian Series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35728
- 2017-03-10Chinese Stories of Drug Addiction Beyond the Opium Dens
- 2022-07-16Beauty Beyond The Orange Uniform Download Free
- 2022-08-09Treating Addiction Beyond the Pain
- 2022-07-23Treating Addiction Beyond the Pain
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Sacred and Modernity in Urban Spain: Beyond the Secular City (Hispanic Urban Studies) - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Mexico's Illicit Drug Networks and the State Reaction
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Social Influences on Romantic Relationships: Beyond the Dyad (Advances in Personal Relationships)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Computational Neuroscience of Drug Addiction
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Chinese Collaboration with Japan, 1932-1945: The Limits of Accommodation
- 2017-12-31[PDF] From Infinity to Infinity and Beyond: The Field Evolution Equations
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Biology of Fibrous Composites: Development beyond the Cell Membrane
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Law Of Attraction: Metaphysics and Beyond: The Magic Of Creating Reality (Ascension Series Book 3)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Urban Regions: Ecology and Planning Beyond the City (Cambridge Studies in Landscape Ecology)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Recent Advances in Drug Addiction Research and Clinical Applications
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Human Rights Obligations of Business: Beyond the Corporate Responsibility to Respect?
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Animal Models of Drug Addiction (Neuromethods)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Chinese communism in crisis: Maoism and the Cultural Revolution
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Rethinking Serial Murder, Spree Killing, and Atrocities: Beyond the Usual Distinctions (Routledge Advances in Sociology)
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Jataka Stories in Theravada Buddhism: Narrating the Bodhisatta Path
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.