[PDF] Comics and Language: Reimagining Critical Discourse on the Form
Posted on 2017-10-28, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Hannah Miodrag | Publisher: University Press of Mississippi | Category: English | Language: English | Page: 240 | ISBN: 1617038040 | ISBN13: 9781617038044 |
Description: It has become an axiom in comic studies that ""comics is a language, not a genre."" But what exactly does that mean, and how is discourse on the form both aided and hindered by thinking of it in linguistic terms? In Comics and Language, Hannah Miodrag challenges many of the key assumptions about the ""grammar"" and formal characteristics of comics, and offers a more nuanced, theoretical framework that she argues will better serve the field by offering a consistent means for communicating critical theory in the scholarship. Through engaging close readings and an accessible use of theory, this book exposes the problems embedded in the ways critics have used ideas of language, literature, structuralism, and semiotics, and sets out a new and more theoretically sound way of understanding how comics communicate. Comics and Language argues against the critical tendency to flatten the distinctions between language and images and to discuss literature purely in terms of story content. It closely examines the original critical theories that such arguments purport to draw on and shows how they in fact point away from the conclusions they are commonly used to prove. The book improves the use the field makes of existing scholarly disciplines and furthers the ongoing sophistication of the field. It provides animated and insightful analyses of a range of different texts and takes an interdisciplinary approach. Comics and Language will appeal to the general comics reader and will prove crucial for specialized scholars in the fields of comics, literature, cultural studies, art history, and visual studies. It also provides a valuable summary of the current state of formalist criticism within comics studies and so presents the ideal text for those interested in exploring this growing area of research
Comics and Language: Reimagining Critical Discourse on the Form.pdf
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
6423 dl's @ 2681 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
6036 dl's @ 3921 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
5075 dl's @ 3189 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...[PDF] Comics and Language: Reimagining Critical Discourse on the Form
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 32847
- 2017-10-12[PDF] Terminology and Language Planning: An alternative framework of practice and discourse (Terminology and Lexicography Research and Practice)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Translation and Language (Translation Theories Explored)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Law and Language: Effective Symbols of Community
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Cyber-Physical Security: Protecting Critical Infrastructure at the State and Local Level - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Grammar and Language Workbook, Grade 10 (Glencoe Language Arts)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Morphology and Language History: In honour of Harold Koch (Current Issues in Linguistic Theory)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Speech and Language Processing: An Introduction to Natural Language Processing, Computational Linguistics and Speech Recognition(new links)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Fallacies and Argument Appraisal (Critical Reasoning and Argumentation)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Economics and Language
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Ethnography and Language Policy
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Anaphora and Language Design (Linguistic Inquiry Monographs)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Mysticism and Language
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Religion and Anthropology: A Critical Introduction
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Cognitive and Language Development in Children
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Globalization and Language in Contact: Scale, Migration, and Communicative Practices (Advances in Sociolinguistics)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Risk and Interdependencies in Critical Infrastructures: A Guideline for Analysis - Removed
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Archaeology and Language IV: Language Change and Cultural Transformation (One World Archaeology)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Diglossia and Language Contact: Language Variation and Change in North Africa (Cambridge Approaches to Language Contact)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Agamben and Indifference: A Critical Overview
No comments for "[PDF] Comics and Language: Reimagining Critical Discourse on the Form".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.