Posted on 2017-12-04, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Markus Daechsel | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 320 | ISBN: 1107057175 | ISBN13: 9781107057173 |
Description: This is a highly original account of the design and development of Pakistan's capital city one of the most iconic and ambitious urban reconstruction projects of the twentieth century. Balancing archival research with fresh, theoretical insights, Markus Daechsel surveys the successes and failures of Greek urbanist Constantinos A. Doxiadis's most ambitious endeavour, Islamabad, analysing how the project not only changed the international order, but the way in which the Pakistani state operated in the 1950s and 1960s. In dissecting Doxiadis's fraught encounter with Pakistani policy makers, bureaucrats and ordinary citizens, the book offers an unprecedented account of Islamabad's place in post-war international development. Daechsel provides new insights into this period and explores the history of development as a charged, transnational venture between foreign consultants and donors on the one side and the postcolonial nation state on the other.
Islamabad and the Politics of International Development in Pakistan.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34054
- 2020-06-25Islamabad and the Politics of International Development in Pakistan
- 2020-06-07Islamabad and the Politics of International Development in Pakistan
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Russia and the Politics of International Environmental Regimes: Environmental Encounters or Foreign Policy? (New Horizons in Environmental Politics)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Strategically Created Treaty Conflicts and the Politics of International Law (Cambridge Studies in International and Comparative Law)
- 2020-05-27Russia and the Politics of International Environmental Regimes: Environmental Encounters or Foreign Policy? (New Horizons in Environmental Politics series)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Heidegger and the Politics of Disablement - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Anthropology and the Politics of Representation
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Race and the Politics of Deception: The Making of an American City
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Philosophy and the Politics of Animal Liberation (Political Philosophy and Public Purpose) - Removed
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Policing and the Mentally Ill: International Perspectives (Advances in Police Theory and Practice)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Terrorism and the Politics of Response (Routledge Critical Terrorism Studies)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Multiculturalism and the Politics of Guilt: Towards a Secular Theocracy
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Radio and the Politics of Sound in Interwar France, 1921-1939 (Cambridge Social and Cultural Histories)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Energy and the Politics of the North Atlantic
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Britain and the Politics of Modernization in the Middle East, 1945-1958 (Cambridge Middle East Studies)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Music and the Politics of Negation (Musical Meaning and Interpretation)
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Girlhood and the Politics of Place
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Formalism and the Sources of International Law: A Theory of the Ascertainment of Legal Rules
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Democracy and the Politics of Electoral System Choice: Engineering Electoral Dominance
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.