[PDF] Letters from Nuremberg: My Father's Narrative of a Quest for Justice
Posted on 2017-10-28, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Christopher Dodd | Publisher: Crown | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 384 | ISBN: 0307381161 | ISBN13: 9780307381163 |
Description: For some sixty years, the Nuremberg trials have demonstrated the resolve of the United States and its fellow Allied victors of the Second World War to uphold the principles of dispassionate justice and the rule of law even when cries of vengeance threatened to carry the day. In the summer of 1945, soon after the unconditional surrender of Nazi Germany, Thomas J. Dodd, the father of U.S. Senator Christopher J. Dodd of Connecticut, traveled to the devastated city of Nuremberg to serve as a staff lawyer in this unprecedented trial for crimes against humanity. Thanks to his agile legal mind and especially to his skills at interrogating the defendantsincluding such notorious figures as Hermann Gring, Alfred Rosenberg, Albert Speer, Joachim von Ribbentrop, and Rudolf Hesshe quickly rose to become the number two prosecutor in the U.S. contingent. Over the course of fifteen months, Dodd described his efforts and his impressions of the proceedings in nightly letters to his wife, Grace. The letters remained in the Dodd family archives, unexamined, for decades. When Christopher Dodd, who followed his fathers path to the Senate, sat down to read the letters, he was overwhelmed by their intimacy, by the love story they unveil, by their power to paint vivid portraits of the accused war criminals, and by their insights into the historical importance of the trials. Along with Christopher Dodds reflections on his fathers life and career, and on the inspiration that good people across the world have long taken from the event that unfolded in the courtroom at Nuremberg, where justice proved to be stronger than the most unspeakable evil, these letters give us a fresh, personal, and often unique perspective on a true turning point in the history of our time. In todays world, with new global threats once again put-ting our ideals to the test, Letters from Nuremberg reminds us that fear and retribution are not the only bases for confrontation. As Christopher Dodd says here, Now, as in the era of Nuremberg, this nation should never tailor its eternal principles to the conflict of the moment, for if we do so, we will be shadowing those we seek to overcome.
Letters from Nuremberg: My Father's Narrative of a Quest for Justice.pdf
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
6576 dl's @ 3336 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
8047 dl's @ 3802 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
6830 dl's @ 2931 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...[PDF] Letters from Nuremberg: My Father's Narrative of a Quest for Justice
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 32847
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Letters from Nuremberg: My Father's Narrative of a Quest for Justice
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Letters from Nuremberg: My Father's Narrative of a Quest for Justice [Audiobook]
- 2017-01-17[PDF] Letters from Nuremberg: My Father's Narrative of a Quest for Justice
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Letters from the Heart (Beacon Street Girls #3)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Letters from the Yoga Masters: Teachings Revealed through Correspondence from Paramhansa Yogananda, Ramana Maharshi, Swami Sivananda, and Others
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Letters from Heaven: Popular Religion in Russia and Ukraine
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Letters from the Front: From the First World War to the Present Day (General Military)
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Letters from the Hittite Kingdom (Writings from the Ancient World/Society of Biblical Literature)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Letters from a Murderer [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Letters from Paris
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Letters from the Afterlife: A Guide to the Other Side
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Letters from a Stoic (Penguin Classics) - Removed
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Letters from Sri Ramanasramam
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Letters From an Early Bird: The Life and Letters of Denys Corbett Wilson, 1882-1915
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Letters from Becca: A Contemporary Romance Fiction Novel
- 2017-11-08[PDF] LETTERS FROM THE HORN OF AFRICA 1923 - 1942: Sandy Curle, Soldier and Diplomat Extraordinary
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Letters from Alcatraz
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Letters From Berlin: A Story Of War, Survival, And The Redeeming Power Of Love And Friendship
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Letters from Langston: From the Harlem Renaissance to the Red Scare and Beyond
No comments for "[PDF] Letters from Nuremberg: My Father's Narrative of a Quest for Justice".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.