Posted on 2017-12-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Michelle Riba | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 0470685808 | ISBN13: 9780470685808 |
Description: Psychiatry and Heart Disease is a pioneering book connecting the heart and brain, from basic science to clinical management of conditions that affect millions of patients around the world. The interplay between psychiatric problems, particularly depression, and cardiovascular disease, with each increasing susceptibility to the other, has been established in recent years. This unique book features chapters co-authored by psychiatrists and cardiovascular specialists , combining their expertise to provide guidance on the best way to manage such patients, considering the patient as a whole, not the individual conditions. The book starts with the association between cardiovascular risk factors, heart diseases, and psychological distress. It then describes important psychiatric issues that arise in patients undergoing cardiac transplantation, following resuscitated sudden death, after implantation of defibrillator devices, and in patients with pulmonary hypertension. The second half of the book addresses the differences between symptoms of cardiovascular and psychological disorders, the management of the patient with bipolar disorder, the relationship of sleep with cardiovascular disease, and post traumatic stress syndrome. A common problem, cardiovascular manifestations of patients with panic and anxiety syndromes, is covered in exquisite detail. Lastly, the authors have offered interesting discussions on genetic susceptibility, psychosocial symptoms from medications and psychiatric drugs, and the contributions of exercise, fitness and smoking cessation. Each chapter contains basic information on the cardiovascular problem aimed at the psychiatrist and basic information on the psychiatric problems aimed at the cardiologists and primary care clinicians. The pathobiology of the interaction between psychological and cardiovascular disorders is reviewed within each chapter. The book is clinically oriented, including short vignettes, and summary points for quick review.
Psychiatry and Heart Disease: The Mind, Brain, and Heart.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34743
- 2013-08-27Psychiatry and Heart Disease: The Mind, Brain, and Heart
- 2013-08-21Psychiatry and Heart Disease: The Mind, Brain, and Heart
- 2022-07-16In The Mind of a Zulu Wife PDF
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Temporal Lobe Epilepsy and the Mind-Brain Relationship: A New Perspective, Volume 76 (International Review of Neurobiology)
- 2017-01-04[PDF] Temporal Lobe Epilepsy and the Mind-Brain Relationship: A New Perspective, Volume 76 (International Review of Neurobiology)
- 2012-01-03Urinary Stone Disease: The Practical Guide to Medical and Surgical Management (Current Clinical Urology) - Urinary Stone Disease, The Practical Guide, Surgical Management
- 2011-12-20Urinary Stone Disease: The Practical Guide to Medical and Surgical Management (Current Clinical Urology) - Urinary Stone Disease, The Practical Guide, Surgical Management
- 2011-11-26Urinary Stone Disease: The Practical Guide to Medical and Surgical Management (Current Clinical Urology) - Urinary Stone Disease, The Practical Guide, Surgical Management
- 2011-11-25Urinary Stone Disease: The Practical Guide to Medical and Surgical Management
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Neural Theories of Mind: Why the Mind-Brain Problem May Never Be Solved
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Neurophilosophy: Toward a Unified Science of the Mind-Brain
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Duvernoy's Atlas of the Human Brain Stem and Cerebellum: High-Field MRI, Surface Anatomy, Internal Structure, Vascularization and 3 D Sectional Anatomy
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Modern Japan: Origins of the Mind: Japanese Mentality and Tradition in Contemporary Life
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Artificial Intelligence: Mirrors for the Mind (Milestones in Discovery and Invention)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Neither Brain nor Ghost: A Nondualist Alternative to the Mind-Brain Identity Theory (Bradford Books)
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Psychiatry and the Business of Madness: An Ethical and Epistemological Accounting
- 2017-10-21[PDF] A Brief History of the Mind: From Apes to Intellect and Beyond
- 2017-04-12[PDF] Ishmael: An Adventure of the Mind and Spirit
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Exploring Frontiers of the Mind-Brain Relationship (Springer Mindfulness in Behavioral Health) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.