Posted on 2017-12-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Frank B. Wilderson III | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 408 | ISBN: 0822347016 | ISBN13: 9780822347019 |
Description: [img]3075279[/img] [center][b] Frank B. Wilderson III, "Red, White & Black: Cinema and the Structure of U.S. Antagonisms" [/b] 2010 | ISBN-10: 0822347016, 0822346923 | 408 pages | | 3 MB [/center] Red, White & Black is a provocative critique of socially engaged films and related critical discourse. Offering an unflinching account of race and representation, Frank B. Wilderson III asks whether such films accurately represent the structure of U.S. racial antagonisms. That structure, he argues, is based on three essential subject positions: that of the White (the â€œsettler,â€ â€œmaster,â€ and â€œhumanâ€), the Red (the â€œsavageâ€ and â€œhalf-humanâ€), and the Black (the â€œslaveâ€ and â€œnon-humanâ€). Wilderson contends that for Blacks, slavery is ontological, an inseparable element of their being. From the beginning of the European slave trade until now, Blacks have had symbolic value as fungible flesh, as the non-human (or anti-human) against which Whites have defined themselves as human. Just as slavery is the existential basis of the Black subject position, genocide is essential to the ontology of the Indian. Both positions are foundational to the existence of (White) humanity. Wilderson provides detailed readings of two films by Black directors, Antwone Fisher (Denzel Washington) and Bush Mama (Haile Gerima) one by an Indian director, Skins (Chris Eyre) and one by a White director, Monsterâ€™s Ball (Marc Foster). These films present Red and Black people beleaguered by problems such as homelessness and the repercussions of incarceration. They portray social turmoil in terms of conflict, as problems that can be solved (at least theoretically, if not in the given narratives). Wilderson maintains that at the narrative level, they fail to recognize that the turmoil is based not in conflict, but in fundamentally irreconcilable racial antagonisms. Yet, as he explains, those antagonisms are unintentionally disclosed in the filmsâ€™ non-narrative strategies, in decisions regarding matters such as lighting, camera angles, and sound.
Red, White & Black: Cinema and the Structure of U.S. Antagonisms.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34652
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Red Giants as Probes of the Structure and Evolution of the Milky Way (Astrophysics and Space Science Proceedings) - Removed
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Fashioning Lives: Black Queers and the Politics of Literacy
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Red Moon Rising: Sputnik and the Hidden Rivalries that Ignited the Space Age (Times Books)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Native Recognition: Indigenous Cinema and the Western (Horizons of Cinema)
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Malcolm X, Black Liberation, and the Road to Workers Power
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Democracy Remixed: Black Youth and the Future of American Politics (Transgressing Boundaries: Studies in Black Politics and Black Communities)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Red Kant: Aesthetics, Marxism and the Third Critique (Bloomsbury Studies in Philosophy)
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Red Moon Rising: Sputnik and the Hidden Rivalries that Ignited the Space Age - Removed
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Nonperturbative Quantum Field Theory and the Structure of Matter (Fundamental Theories of Physics)
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Democracy Remixed: Black Youth and the Future of American Politics (Transgressing Boundaries: Studies in Black Politics and Black Communities)
- 2022-07-19PENELOPE AND THE WICKED DUKE BY SOFI LAPORTE PDF
- 2022-07-16Free Download The Alpha and the Female Warrior PDF
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Between the Black Box and the White Cube: Expanded Cinema and Postwar Art - Removed
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Between the Black Box and the White Cube: Expanded Cinema and Postwar Art - Removed
- 2020-11-20Between the Black Box and the White Cube: Expanded Cinema and Postwar Art (EPUB)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Red, White and Sensual (The Red and White Series Book 1)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] The Black Musician and the White City: Race and Music in Chicago, 1900-1967
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Envisioning Freedom: Cinema and the Building of Modern Black Life
- 2017-10-10[PDF] The End of White World Supremacy: Black Internationalism and the Problem of the Color Line
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.