Posted on 2017-10-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Angus Deaton | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 376 | ISBN: 069115354X | ISBN13: 9780691153544 |
Description: The world is a better place than it used to be. People are wealthier and healthier, and live longer lives. Yet the escapes from destitution by so many have left gaping inequalities between people and between nations. In The Great Escape, Angus Deaton one of the foremost experts on economic development and on poverty tells the remarkable story of how, starting 250 years ago, some parts of the world began to experience sustained progress, opening up gaps and setting the stage for today's hugely unequal world. Deaton takes an in-depth look at the historical and ongoing patterns behind the health and wealth of nations, and he addresses what needs to be done to help those left behind. Deaton describes vast innovations and wrenching setbacks: the successes of antibiotics, pest control, vaccinations, and clean water on the one hand, and disastrous famines and the HIV/AIDS epidemic on the other. He examines the United States, a nation that has prospered but is today experiencing slower growth and increasing inequality. He also considers how economic growth in India and China has improved the lives of more than a billion people. Deaton argues that international aid has been ineffective and even harmful. He suggests alternative efforts including reforming incentives to drug companies and lifting trade restrictions that will allow the developing world to bring about its own Great Escape. Demonstrating how changes in health and living standards have transformed our lives, The Great Escape is a powerful guide to addressing the well-being of all nations.
The Great Escape: Health, Wealth, and the Origins of Inequality.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32740
- 2013-11-01The Great Escape: Health, Wealth, and the Origins of Inequality
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Health Systems, Health, Wealth and Societal Well-being: Assessing the case for investing in health systems (European Observatory on Health Care Systems)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The Habit Project: 9 Steps to Build Habits that Stick: (And Supercharge Your Productivity, Health, Wealth and Happiness)
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Secrets of Dragon Gate: Ancient Taoist Practices for Health, Wealth, and the Art of Sexual Yoga
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Chakra Healing: Chakra Code: How Balancing the 7 Chakras will Bring You Instant Health, Wealth and Happiness (kundalini yoga, the third eye, energy medicine, ... healing for women, chakra lights Book
- 2022-11-24The Herb Magic Spell Book A Beginner's Guide For Spells for Love, Health, Wealth, and More
- 2021-05-12The Grow System: True Health, Wealth, and Happiness Come from the Ground
- 2021-04-21The Grow System: True Health, Wealth, and Happiness Come from the Ground
- 2020-12-11The Mindful Guide to the Law of Attraction 45 Meditations to Manifest Health, Wealth and Love [Audio...
- 2020-10-11Fearvana: The Revolutionary Science of How to Turn Fear into Health, Wealth, and Happiness [Audiobook]
- 2020-10-11The Health, Wealth, and Spirit Master Course [Audiobook]
- 2020-05-14The Habit Project: 9 Steps to Build Habits that Stick: (And Supercharge Your Productivity, Health, Wealth and Happiness) Ed 2
- 2019-05-10Secrets of Dragon Gate Ancient Taoist Practices for Health, Wealth, and the Art of Sexual Yoga
- 2018-01-23[PDF] So Great a Cause (Work and the Glory) [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The Origins and Organization of Unconscious Conflict: The Selected Works of Martin S. Bergmann (World Library of Mental Health)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] This Great Escape: The Case of Michael Paryla
- 2017-11-03Superconscious Power: The Science of Attracting Health, Wealth, and Wisdom
- 2017-10-29[PDF] The Origins of Health and Disease
- 2016-07-02Secrets of Dragon Gate Ancient Taoist Practices for Health, Wealth, and the Art of Sexual Yoga
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.