[PDF] The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Love, Courtship, and Sexuality through History, Volume 4: The Colonial and Revolutionary Age
Posted on 2017-12-10, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Merril D. Smith (Editor) | Publisher: Greenwood | Category: Encyclopedias | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 0313333602 | ISBN13: 9780313333606 |
Description: This encyclopedia brings together an outstanding amount of diverse material on the ideas, attitudes, laws, and practices of sex, love, and courtship in cultures all around the world and through the centuries. Each volume covers a particular era: The Ancient World, The Medieval World, The Early Modern Period, The Colonial and Revolutionary Era, The Nineteenth Century, and The Modern World. Although the important topics of abortion, marriage, contraception, homosexuality, and divorce are all covered, subjects such as obstetrical manuals, eunuchs, pornography on the Internet, seduction literature, dowry, bestiality, and impotence are also discussed. Other general topics, such as euphemisms and slang, clothing and fashion, and religion, are analyzed in relation to sexuality and love in different cultures and times. Well-known persons who influenced sexuality, such as Casanova, Marquis de Sade, and Margaret Sanger, are covered, as are people whose writings either expressed or influenced sexuality. Each volume has its own editor and contributors, and all volumes are arranged in an Aâ€“Z format except the first, which is divided first into 10 ancient cultures and then into alphabetical entries. Volumes open with a list of entries, an introduction that surveys the era, a guide to related topics, and a chronology. The entries range from a few paragraphs to three or four pages in length and include see also references and further readings. The inclusion of Web sites that contain documents and information is an outstanding addition that will be very helpful to students researching these topics. Each book concludes with a selected bibliography, an index, and information about the contributors. The important aspect of the encyclopedia is that a topic such as marriage, divorce, or abortion can be followed through time. Since each volume has a different editor, treatment is not uniform. For example, there are entries on Judaism in some volumes, but in others, the reader will have to use the index to find information about the sexual aspects of Judaism. A set index would have been helpful. Despite some shortcomings, the encyclopedia is an outstanding reference source, bringing together a vast amount of information that would otherwise be difficult to find. Although there are thousands of books on sexuality and love in different cultures, this set synthesizes this information for students and general readers. An invaluable resource for college and public libraries. Also available as an e-book. Merle Jacob The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Sex, Love, and Culture volumes cover the ancient world, the medieval era, the early modern period, the colonial and revolutionary age, the nineteenth century, and the modern world. Each volume is cross-cultural in scope and includes alphabetically arranged entries written by expert contributors. Entries cover such topics as customs and practices, authors and works, concepts and institutions, and various other subjects. Thus the Encyclopedia defines love and sexuality in terms of cultural contexts. The volumes are fully illustrated and cite numerous works for further reading. Students will value this set as a source of information about daily life around the world, while general readers will find it fascinating and insightful. Because the volumes are multicultural in scope, they invite an easy comparison of sex and love across different groups of people. The volumes are fully illustrated and cite works for further reading. Students will welcome this set as a guide to daily life around the world, while general readers will be fascinated by its wealth of information.
The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Love, Courtship, and Sexuality through History, Volume 4: The Colonial and Revolutionary Age.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34263
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Love, Courtship, and Sexuality through History [6 volumes] (v. 1-6)
- 2017-02-06[PDF] The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Love, Courtship, and Sexuality through History, Volume 4: The Colonial and Revolutionary Age
- 2017-02-06[PDF] The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Love, Courtship, and Sexuality through History [6 volumes] (v. 1-6)
- 2013-09-23The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Love, Courtship, and Sexuality through History
- 2013-04-18The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Love, Courtship, and Sexuality through History
- 2011-11-14The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Love, Courtship, and Sexuality
- 2011-11-05The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Love, Courtship, and Sexuality through History, Volume 4: The Colonial and Revolutionary Age
- 2022-07-17ThugLife:Love, Friendship And Death 2
- 2022-07-17Love Breaks And Restores
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Shadowbrook: A Novel of Love, War, and the Birth of America
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The Encyclopedia of Crystals, Herbs, and New Age Elements: An A to Z Guide to New Age Elements and How to Use Them
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Notes on a Killing: Love, Lies, and Murder in a Small New Hampshire Town
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Palgrave Handbook of Age Diversity and Work - Removed
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Betrayed (a story of love, lust and revenge)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Colonial and Revolutionary Era: Beginnings to 1783 (Handbook to Life in America)
- 2017-12-08[PDF] A Fifty-Year Silence: Love, War, and a Ruined House in France
- 2017-12-07[PDF] The Coming Economic Ice Age, Five Steps to Survive and Prosper
- 2017-11-25[PDF] The Silvering Screen: Old Age and Disability in Cinema
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Summer Sizzle: Stories of Love, Lust, and Passion
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.