[PDF] The Silk Road: Taking the Bus to Pakistan
Posted on 2017-10-28, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Bill Porter | Publisher: Counterpoint | Category: Travel | Language: English | Page: 288 | ISBN: 1619027100 | ISBN13: 9781619027107 |
Description: To travel upon the Silk Road is to travel through history. Millennia older than Californias Camino Real, and perhaps even a few years senior to the roads of the Roman Empire, the Silk Road is a network of routes stretching from delta towns of China all the way to the Mediterranean Sea a cultural highway considered to be essential to the development of some of the worlds oldest civilizations. It was upon this road that that Chinese silk traveled and was exchanged for incense, precious stones, and gold from India, the Middle East and as far the Mediterranean, contributing to the great tradition of commercial and idea exchange along the way. In the fall of 1992, celebrated translator, writer, and scholar Bill Porter left his home in Hong Kong and decided to travel from China to Pakistan by way of this famous and often treacherous Silk Road. Equipped with a plastic bottle of whiskey, needle-nose pliers, and the companionship of an old friend, Porter embarks upon the journey on the anniversary of Hong Kongs liberation from the Japanese after World War II and concludes in Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan, at the end of the monsoon season. Weaving witty travel anecdotes with the history and fantastical mythology of China and the surrounding regions, Porter exposes a world of card-sharks, unheard-of ethnic minorities, terracotta soldiers, nuclear experiments in the desert, emperors falling in love with bathing maidens, monks with miracle tongues, and a giant Buddha relaxing to music played by an invisible band. The Silk Road is the second of a three-book memoir series about Porters travels in and around China to be published by Counterpoint. With an eye for cultural idiosyncrasies and a vast knowledge of history, Porter continues to make with his mark as an expert and travel writer.
The Silk Road: Taking the Bus to Pakistan.pdf
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
5699 dl's @ 2327 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
8401 dl's @ 3766 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
9872 dl's @ 2742 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...[PDF] The Silk Road: Taking the Bus to Pakistan
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 32847
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Bus Stop Killer
- 2017-11-02[PDF] The Bus Driver Who Wanted To Be God & Other Stories
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Struggle for Pakistan: A Muslim Homeland and Global Politics
- 2019-07-18!(Review) - Why You Should Read American Kingpin: The Epic Hunt for the Criminal Mastermind Behind the Silk Road by Nick Bilton Online or Download [PDF EPUB MOBI]
- 2019-07-15#(Best) - Why You Should Read Lands of Lost Borders: Out of Bounds on the Silk Road by Kate Harris Online or Download [MOBI PDF EPUB] - Removed
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Managing Supply Chains on the Silk Road: Strategy, Performance, and Risk
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Treasures of the Great Silk Road
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Empires of the Silk Road: A History of Central Eurasia from the Bronze Age to the Present
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Caravans: Punjabi Khatri Merchants On the Silk Road - Removed
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Silk Road Vegetarian: Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten Free Recipes for the Mindful Cook
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Silk Road of Adaptation: Transformations Across Disciplines and Cultures
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Journeys on the Silk Road: A Desert Explorer, Buddha's Secret Library, And The Unearthing Of The World's Oldest Printed Book
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Early Carpets and Tapestries on the Eastern Silk Road
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Empires of the Silk Road
- 2017-10-19[PDF] The Silk Road: A New History
- 2017-10-18[PDF] Tor browser: The Ultimate Guide To The Tor Browser (Tow Browser, Privacy, Internet, Silk Road)
- 2017-10-15[PDF] The Silk Road to Riches: How You Can Profit by Investing in Asia's Newfound Prosperity
- 2017-10-11[PDF] The Silk Road: Central Asia, Afghanistan and Iran : A Travel Companion
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Life along the Silk Road: Second Edition
No comments for "[PDF] The Silk Road: Taking the Bus to Pakistan".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.