Posted on 2021-01-23, by book24h.
Henrietta Rix Wood, "Praising Girls: The Rhetoric of Young Women, 1895-1930 "
English | ISBN: 0809334429 | 2016 | 224 pages | PDF | 7 MB
In Praising Girls, Henrietta Rix Wood explores how ordinary schoolgirls engaged in extraordinary rhetorical activities during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries in the United States. Focusing on high school girls' public writing, Wood analyzes newspaper editorials and articles, creative writing projects, yearbook entries, and literary magazines, revealing how young women employed epideictic rhetoric-traditionally used to praise and blame in ceremonial situations-to define their individual and collective identities. Many girls, Wood argues, intervened rhetorically in national and international discourses on class, race, education, immigration, racism, and imperialism, confronting the gender politics that denigrated young women and often deprived them of positions of authority.
The site of the study-Kansas City, Missouri-reflects the diverse rhetorical experiences of girls in cities across the United States at the beginning of the last century. Four case studies examine the writing of privileged white girls at a college preparatory school, Native American girls at an off-reservation boarding school, African American girls at a segregated high school, and working- and middle-class girls at a large whites-only public high school. Wood's analysis reveals a contemporary concept of epideictic rhetoric that accounts for issues of gender, race, class, and age.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 46335
- 2021-03-25Praising Girls: The Rhetoric of Young Women, 1895 1930
- 2021-02-23Praising Girls: The Rhetoric of Young Women, 1895 1930
- 2021-02-07Praising Girls: The Rhetoric of Young Women, 1895 1930
- 2022-03-18Crescent City Girls The Lives of Young Black Women in Segregated New Orleans
- 2018-07-15A Girl Stands at the Door The Generation of Young Women Who Desegregated America's Schools [Audiobook]
- 2018-07-13A Girl Stands at the Door The Generation of Young Women Who Desegregated America's Schools
- 2018-05-26A Girl Stands at the Door: The Generation of Young Women Who Desegregated America's Schools
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Soldier Girls: The Battles of Three Women at Home and at War - Removed
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Soldier Girls: The Battles of Three Women at Home and at War [Audiobook]
- 2014-01-13Girl Trouble: Panic and Progress in the History of Young Women
- 2011-09-06For All Our Daughters: Five Essentials to Help Young Women & Girls Master the Art of Growing Up
- 2022-11-20Heather Dune Macadam - 999- The Extraordinary Young Women of the First Official Jewish Transport ...
- 2022-11-19Lyuba Vinogradova - Avenging Angels- Young Women of the Soviet Union's WWII Sniper Corps (azw3 ep...
- 2022-11-19Brave Girls Raising Young Women with Passion and Purpose to Become Powerful Leaders
- 2022-09-24The Marching Women Inspiring Stories from Young Women in Public Policy
- 2021-07-07Heather Dune Macadam - 999- The Extraordinary Young Women of the First Official Jewish Transport ... - Removed
- 2020-12-08Operation Jihadi Bride The Covert Mission to Rescue Young Women from ISIS [Audiobook]
- 2020-12-06The Radium Girls The Dark Story of America's Shining Women [Audiobook]
- 2020-06-30Excellent Daughters: The Secret Lives of Young Women Who Are Transforming the Arab World
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.