Posted on 2011-01-06. By anonymous.
Cambridge University Press; 1 edition | 2009-11 | ISBN: 0521710081 | 216 pages | PDF | 1 MB
"Although the intended audience includes mental health and primary care providers, the book is easy to read and has great value for people diagnosed with depression to help them understand the goals and process of self-management....The authors outline a number of goals and approaches that give patients an easy starting point, discussing the roles that professionals assume and those for which patients should take responsibility. They also put numerous studies into perspective and relate how successful programs work through the implementation stages. The book outlines the value of physical exercise and other nontraditional modalities such as meditation. Downloadable patient handouts are available from an associated web site....a valuable book that should be in the library of anyone who routinely cares for depressed patients."
--Doody's Review Service
With growing access to health information, people who suffer from depression are increasingly eager to play an active role in the management of their symptoms. The goal of self-management is to support patients in monitoring and managing their symptoms and provide them with additional resources to promote recovery, enhance quality of life, and prevent relapse. For clinicians, self-management holds promise for improving practice efficiency and efficacy by helping patients maximize their improvement outside of treatment sessions. Self-Management of Depression is written for clinicians who wish to empower their patients to take more active steps to manage depression. Chapters cover care management, self-assessment, exercise, self-help books and computer programs, meditation, and peer-support groups and strategies for how to incorporate self-management into a treatment plan are described. Reproducible handouts to support patients are also available online. This book is relevant to clinical psychologists, psychiatrists, psychiatric nurses, social workers and primary care physicians.
- Ebooks list page : 9506
- 2011-08-26Antenatal and Postnatal Mental Health: The NICE Guideline on Clinical Management and Service Guidance
- 2011-09-26Improving the Quality of Health Care for Mental and Substance-Use Conditions: Quality Chasm Series
- 2021-10-22Restorative Cities - urban design for mental health and wellbeing
- 2021-06-26Emotional Peace Strategies For Mental Health And Wellness
- 2021-06-02Asian Families in Canada and the United States: Implications for Mental Health and Well Being - Removed
- 2021-04-15Compliance Management: A How to Guide for Executives, Lawyers, and Other Compliance Professionals
- 2021-04-10Compliance Management: A How to Guide for Executives, Lawyers, and Other Compliance Professionals
- 2020-06-18Legal Aspects of Mental Capacity: A Practical Guide for Health and Social Care Professionals (Advanced Healthcare Practice) Ed 2
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Evolution of Consciousness: Implications for Mental Health and Quality of Life - Removed
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Legal Aspects of Mental Capacity: A Practical Guide for Health and Social Care Professionals (Advanced Healthcare Practice)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Compliance Management: A How-to Guide for Executives, Lawyers, and Other Compliance Professionals
- 2022-08-23Mental health and Psychosocial care Strategies and Trends in Psychology and Mental Health
- 2021-12-11Essential Procedures for Emergency, Urgent, and Primary Care Settings, Third Edition
- 2021-04-05Supporting Disabled People with Their Sexual Lives: A Clear Guide for Health and Social Care Professionals
- 2021-01-24Mental Health and Offending Care, Coercion and Control
- 2020-12-29Mental Health and Offending Care, Coercion and Control
- 2020-07-23Supporting Disabled People with their Sexual Lives: A Clear Guide for Health and Social Care Professionals
- 2018-06-05Alcohol and Drug Misuse A Guide for Health and Social Care Professionals, Second Edition
- 2018-04-02Alcohol and Drug Misuse A Guide for Health and Social Care Professionals, Second Edition
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.