The Accretion and Obscured Growth of Supermassive Black Holes First Constraints on the Local Heavily...
Posted on 2020-12-11, by book24h.
Peter Boorman, "The Accretion and Obscured Growth of Supermassive Black Holes: First Constraints on the Local Heavily Obscured AGN Fract"
English | ISBN: 3030603601 | 2021 | 311 pages | EPUB, PDF | 113 MB + 42 MB
This thesis describes the application of state-of-the-art high-energy X-ray studies to the astronomical quest for understanding obscured active galactic nuclei (AGN). These AGN are supermassive black holes growing by accretion of matter located in the nuclei of galaxies. The material that feeds these black holes also obscures them from view, rendering them challenging to study. It is possible to study them by effectively 'X-raying' galactic nuclei to peer through these obscuring veils.
Beginning with the proof-of-concept application of novel X-ray Monte Carlo codes to the Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope ARray (NuSTAR) spectrum of a known heavily obscured AGN, the thesis establishes the relevant parameters that characterise the AGN spectrum and central black hole growth rate. Next the largest sample of known heavily obscured AGN is compiled, finding the strength of a prominent iron spectral feature to weaken with AGN power. This is puzzling, and suggests that there may be more hidden AGN than previously thought. Finally by combining an all-sky infrared selection with NuSTAR follow-up, new heavily obscured AGN are identified. Obscuration emits infrared radiation, meaning that the infrared-selected AGN catalogue should be representative of the underlying AGN population. The absence of such representative catalogues has continually plagued cosmological studies, and the resultant obscured AGN fraction will be strongly constraining for AGN models.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 45689
- 2020-05-13Spooky Action at a Distance: The Phenomenon That Reimagines Space and Time--and What It Means for Black Holes, the Big Bang, and Theories of Everything
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Edge of Infinity: Supermassive Black Holes in the Universe
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Spooky Action at a Distance: The Phenomenon That Reimagines Space and Time and What It Means for Black Holes, the Big Bang, and Theories of Everything - Removed
- 2017-10-26[PDF] The Tidal Disruption of Stars by Supermassive Black Holes: An Analytic Approach - Removed
- 2017-02-08[PDF] Spooky Action at a Distance: The Phenomenon That Reimagines Space and Time and What It Means for Black Holes, the Big Bang, and Theories of Everything - Removed
- 2014-02-09The Edge of Infinity: Supermassive Black Holes in the Universe by Fulvio Melia (Repost)
- 2013-09-13Measuring the Angular Momentum of Supermassive Black Holes
- 2013-09-07Measuring the Angular Momentum of Supermassive Black Holes
- 2008-01-01The Edge of Infinity: Supermassive Black Holes in the Universe
- 2022-12-07Gravity From Falling Apples to Supermassive Black Holes, 2nd Edition
- 2022-11-17Gravity From Falling Apples to Supermassive Black Holes, 2nd Edition
- 2013-10-12Dynamics of the Contemporary University: Growth, Accretion, and Conflict
- 2013-03-26Dynamics of the Contemporary University: Growth, Accretion, and Conflict
- 2023-01-27Retention Point The Single Biggest Secret to Membership and Subscription Growth for Associations, SAAS, Publishers, Digital Ac
- 2023-01-10The Universe The Big Bang, Black Holes, and Blue Whales
- 2023-01-06Walking in Love Moral Progress and Spiritual Growth with the Apostle Paul
- 2022-12-14OxfordUP Rethinking the Great Transition Community and Economic Growth in County Durham, 1349-1660
- 2022-12-09OxfordUP Rethinking the Great Transition Community and Economic Growth in County Durham, 1349-1660
- 2022-11-30The Ecology of the Soul A Manual of Peace, Power and Personal Growth for Real People in the Real World
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.