Posted on 2021-12-30, by book24h.
English | 2021 | ISBN: 088755945X | 281 pages | True PDF | 2.09 MB
Drawing attention to the ways in which creative practices are essential to the health, well-being, and healing of Indigenous peoples, The Arts of Indigenous Health and Well-Being addresses the effects of artistic endeavour on the "good life", or mino-pimatisiwin in Cree, which can be described as the balanced interconnection of physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental well-being. In this interdisciplinary collection, Indigenous knowledges inform an approach to health as a wider set of relations that are central to well-being, wherein artistic expression furthers cultural continuity and resilience, community connection, and kinship to push back against forces of fracture and disruption imposed by colonialism.
The need for healing-not only individuals but health systems and practices-is clear, especially as the trauma of colonialism is continually revealed and perpetuated within health systems. The field of Indigenous health has recently begun to recognize the fundamental connection between creative expression and well-being. This book brings together scholarship by humanities scholars, social scientists, artists, and those holding experiential knowledge from across Turtle Island to add urgently needed perspectives to this conversation. Contributors embrace a diverse range of research methods, including community-engaged scholarship with Indigenous youth, artists, Elders, and language keepers.
The Arts of Indigenous Health and Well-Being demonstrates the healing possibilities of Indigenous works of art, literature, film, and music from a diversity of Indigenous peoples and arts traditions. This book will resonate with health practitioners, community members, and any who recognize the power of art as a window, an entryway to access a healthy and good life.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 50783
- 2021-12-27The Arts of Indigenous Health and Well-Being
- 2022-08-08Indigenous Health and Well-Being in the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 2017-10-28[PDF] The Encyclopedia of Senior Health and Well-Being (Facts on File Library of Health & Living)
- 2014-01-04The Encyclopedia of Senior Health and Well-Being (Repost)
- 2009-09-08The Encyclopedia of Senior Health and Well-Being
- 2022-06-27The Adulteration of Children's Sports Waning Health and Well-Being in the Age of Organized Play
- 2021-06-02Asian Families in Canada and the United States: Implications for Mental Health and Well Being - Removed
- 2021-02-26Recipes from the Herbalist's Kitchen: Delicious, Nourishing Food for Lifelong Health and Well Being (True EPUB)
- 2021-02-09Recipes from the Herbalist's Kitchen: Delicious, Nourishing Food for Lifelong Health and Well Being (True EPUB)
- 2020-11-23The Alchemy of Inner Work: A Guide for Turning Illness and Suffering Into True Health and Well Being
- 2020-02-22A Little Book of Self Care: Sleep: Harness the Power of Sleep for Optimal Health and Well-being
- 2020-01-06Arts-Based Research, Resilience and Well-being Across the Lifespan - Removed
- 2018-10-10The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils: The Complete Guide to the Use of Aromatic Oils In Aromatherapy, Herbalism, Health, and Well Being
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Neo-Liberalism and Austerity: The Moral Economies of Young People's Health and Well-being - Removed
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Health and Well-Being: A Social and Cultural Perspective (Public Health in the 21st Century)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Stress, Health and Well-Being: Thriving in the 21st Century - Removed
- 2018-01-04[PDF] The Body Toxic: How the Hazardous Chemistry of Everyday Things Threatens Our Health and Well-being
- 2017-12-14[PDF] The Pilates Handbook (Young Woman's Guide to Health and Well-Being)
- 2017-12-08[PDF] The Tai Chi Handbook (Young Woman's Guide to Health and Well-Being)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.