The International Space Station The History and Legacy of the Multinational Space Research Lab
Posted on 2022-12-22, by book2023.
The International Space Station: The History and Legacy of the Multinational Space Research Lab by Charles River Editors
English | December 2, 2022 | ISBN: N/A | ASIN: B0BNXXFNVB | 95 pages | EPUB | 3.14 Mb
When Apollo 11 landed on the Moon in July 1969, hundreds of millions around the world were watching a live televised broadcast of the first men walking on the Moon. As Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin planted an American flag, an unmanned Soviet spacecraft, Luna 15, was in the Moon's orbit, preparing to land as well. The Moon missions were a competition between the two nations, part of a "Space Race" spanning two decades. But as images of Apollo 11 beamed across millions of television screens on the night of July 20, it was clear that Apollo 11 also represented a human accomplishment.
Much has been written about the Space Race, which is still taught across America today, but the story of human space exploration is mostly one of cooperation. Even in the summer of 1969, the Soviets had given the United States the flight plan for its Luna 15 mission, allowing Apollo 11 to avoid it.
That was the first of many examples of cooperation in space between the United States and the Soviet Union during the Cold War, and ultimately, their research and cooperation helped lead to the construction of the International Space Station (ISS), a large space station assembled in Earth's orbit that represents the most ambitious international space project in history.
Thanks to the various components that have been put together, the International Space Station is bigger and brighter than all other artificial satellites. With relatively low power magnification, people can see the solar panels radiating outward from the numerous international modules which make up the ISS. The reality of that platform, at the edge of the ocean of space, is pretty astounding when looked at from the perspective of history. Only 120 years ago, mankind did not know if it was possible to fly in a heavier-than-air vehicle.
Constructed with over 30 different modules and pieces that were carried into orbit by dozens of different launches, the ISS is already over 150 feet long, 300 feet wide and 60 feet tall, and astronauts from 10 nations have spent time on the space station as long-term crew. In excess of 20 nations have been represented on this space station called "Alpha One," making the ISS even more international in scope.
In addition, the International Space Station can truly be held as a sign that the Space Age is maturing quite nicely, at least on a social and personal level. A total of 34 women have visited the space station, eight tourists have paid for the privilege of taking the trip to the station, and there have been many who have made multiple trips to the ISS, including 83 who have been there twice, 32 who have been three times, five who have been four times, and two who have each made the trip five times.
More Ebooks ,Course Expensive Download Click Here --> https://dl4all.org || https://oneddl.org
Download From 1DL
DONWLOAD FROM RAPIDGATOR
Links are Interchangeable - No Password - Single Extraction
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
9648 dl's @ 2638 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
9567 dl's @ 3753 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
6195 dl's @ 3472 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...The International Space Station The History and Legacy of the Multinational Space Research Lab
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 55845
- 2022-10-05The Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster The History and Legacy of NASA's Most Notorious Tragedy
- 2020-06-30The Pioneer Program The History and Legacy of NASA's Unmanned Space Missions to ...
- 2020-01-03NASA’s Pioneer and Voyager Missions: The History and Legacy of the First Space Probes to Explore the Outer Solar System and Beyond
- 2023-03-17The Old Kingdom of Ancient Egypt The History and Legacy of the Beginning of Egyptian Civilization
- 2023-03-12The United States-Mexico Border The Controversial History and Legacy of the Boundary between America and Mexico
- 2023-03-08The Battleship Potemkin The History and Legacy of the Famous Mutiny aboard the Russian Ship
- 2023-03-07Damascus The History and Legacy of the Syrian Capital from Antiquity to Today
- 2023-03-06Nazareth The History and Legacy of the Hometown of Jesus Christ
- 2023-03-06Watergate & the Teapot Dome Scandal The History and Legacy of America's Most Notorious Government Scandals
- 2023-03-06The Louvre The History and Legacy of the World's Most Famous Art Museum
- 2023-03-051914 The History and Legacy of World War I's First Year
- 2023-03-04Susa The History and Legacy of the Elamite Capital in the Ancient Near East
- 2023-03-04Shays' Rebellion The History and Legacy of America's First Domestic Uprising
- 2023-03-03The Sepoy Rebellion of 1857 The History and Legacy of the Indian Rebellion against the British East India Company
- 2023-02-26The Apache and Comanche The History and Legacy of the Southwest's Most Famous Warrior Tribes
- 2023-02-26The Nerva-Antonine Dynasty The History and Legacy of the Emperors Who Ruled the Roman Empire at Its Peak [Audiobook]
- 2023-02-25The Texas Revolution The History and Legacy of the Lone Star State's War for Independence from Mexico
- 2023-02-24The Hittites and Lydians The History and Legacy of Ancient Anatolia's Most Influential Civilizations
- 2023-02-20The Three Wise Men The History and Legacy of the Biblical Magi
No comments for "The International Space Station The History and Legacy of the Multinational Space Research Lab".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.