Posted on 2021-09-24, by book24h.
English | 2021 | ISBN: 1479808423 | 409 pages | pdf | 11.01 MB
Reveals the troubling intimacy between Black women and the making of US global power
The year 1968 marked both the height of the worldwide Black liberation struggle and a turning point for the global reach of American power, which was built on the counterinsurgency honed on Black and other oppressed populations at home. The next five decades saw the consolidation of the culture of the American empire through what Erica R. Edwards calls the "imperial grammars of blackness."
This is a story of state power at its most devious and most absurd, and, at the same time, a literary history of Black feminist radicalism at its most trenchant. Edwards reveals how the long war on terror, beginning with the late-Cold War campaign against organizations like the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense and the Black Liberation Army, has relied on the labor and the fantasies of Black women to justify the imperial spread of capitalism. Black feminist writers not only understood that this would demand a shift in racial gendered power, but crafted ways of surviving it.
The Other Side of Terroroffers an interdisciplinary Black feminist analysis of militarism, security, policing, diversity, representation, intersectionality, and resistance, while discussing a wide array of literary and cultural texts, from the unpublished work of Black radical feminist June Jordan to the memoirs of Condoleezza Rice to the television series Scandal. With clear, moving prose, Edwards chronicles Black feminist organizing and writing on "the other side of terror", which tracked changes in racial power, transformed African American literature and Black studies, and predicted the crises of our current era with unsettling accuracy.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 49628
- 2022-07-09Urban Black Women and the Politics of Resistance - Removed
- 2022-03-12America, Goddam Violence, Black Women, and the Struggle for Justice
- 2021-07-24Divided Sisters Bridging the Gap Between Black Women and White Women
- 2018-10-10Further To Fly: Black Women and the Politics of Empowerment
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Sisters of the Yam: Black Women and Self-Recovery
- 2011-09-02The Other Side of Silence: Sign Language and the Deaf Community in America
- 2010-07-02Demonic Grounds: Black Women And The Cartographies Of Struggle
- 2022-08-15Battle Cries Black Women and Intimate Partner Abuse
- 2021-11-27Sweetwater - Black Women and Narratives of Resilience, Revised Edition
- 2021-11-23Vénus Noire: Black Women and Colonial Fantasies in Nineteenth Century France
- 2019-07-09@(Good) - Why You Should Read Invisible No More: Police Violence Against Black Women and Women of Color by Andrea J. Ritchie Online or Download [EPUB MOBI PDF]
- 2019-05-06Black Women and International Law Deliberate Interactions, Movements and Actions
- 2019-01-03Double Negative The Black Image and Popular Culture
- 2018-10-02Double Negative The Black Image and Popular Culture
- 2018-08-09Double Negative The Black Image and Popular Culture
- 2018-08-07Double Negative: The Black Image and Popular Culture
- 2021-12-13Carefree Black Girls A Celebration of Black Women in Popular Culture [Audiobook]
- 2020-08-29Daughters of Alchemy Women and Scientific Culture in Early Modern Italy
- 2020-04-28Daughters of Alchemy: Women and Scientific Culture in Early Modern Italy (I Tatti Studies in Italian Renaissance History)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.