Author: Paul Gootenberg
Posted on 2022-03-11, updated at 2022-03-12, by temrick.
Drugs and their illicit use have long fascinated writers and the public at large. Informed by new interdisciplinary perspectives, a growing number of academically trained historians are now approaching drugs as a wide-open topic for serious research. This Handbook of Global Drug History is the first major attempt by historians of drugs to take stock of the recent progress and directions of this field, utilizing both a global scope and long-term historical perspective. Thirty-five original essays simultaneously survey what is known historically about drugs across the world (in Europe, the Americas, Asia, and Africa) as well as illustrating their historical interconnections.
The use of drugs in human culture goes back millennia with as many unique histories as cultures in which drugs were used. In the early modern world, human relationships with drugs changed, and drugs connected societies through transnational trade. In the nineteenth century, these diverse histories converge in defining the modern “pariah drugs” (among them alcohol, opium, and indigenous hallucinogens) and paved the way for the dramatic twentieth-century rise of both illicit drugs (such as cannabis, heroin, and cocaine) and global prohibitions. Now, in the twenty-first century, we see emerging possibilities for rethinking the global social, health, and policy approaches to drug trafficking and use.
- Ebooks list page : 51665
- 2022-03-12The Oxford Handbook of Global Drug History (Oxford Handbooks)
- 2019-12-23The Wiley Handbook of Global Educational Reform (Wiley Handbooks in Education)
- 2019-11-21The Wiley Handbook of Global Workplace Learning (Wiley Handbooks in Education)
- 2011-12-04Laurence Urdang, "The Oxford Thesaurus"
- 2012-01-10The Simpsons Handbook: Secret Tips from the Pros
- 2011-12-20Wright T. - The Photography Handbook - Removed
- 2011-11-02"The CRC Handbook of Mechanical Engineering" ed. by Frank Kreith, D. Yogi Goswami
- 2011-10-20The Cambridge Handbook of Personality Psychology - Removed
- 2008-12-05The Oxford Handbook of Public Policy (The Oxford Handbooks of Political Science)
- 2021-12-12The SAGE Handbook of Global Childhoods
- 2021-11-25The Routledge Companion to Global Indigenous History
- 2021-09-05The Palgrave Handbook of Global Mormonism 2021
- 2021-04-24The Routledge Handbook of Modern Economic History
- 2021-04-17The Routledge Handbook of Modern Economic History
- 2021-04-05Routledge Handbook of Global Economic History
- 2020-11-25The Routledge Handbook of Global Historical Archaeology
- 2020-11-23The Palgrave Handbook of Global Mormonism
- 2020-07-06The Routledge Handbook of Global Ethics (Routledge Handbooks in Applied Ethics)
- 2020-03-03The Palgrave Handbook of Global Approaches to Peace (Palgrave Handbooks)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.