Posted on 2020-12-05, by Germany2020.
The Sleep of Reason: Erotic Experience and Sexual Ethics in Ancient Greece and Rome by Martha C. Nussbaum, Juha Sihvola
2002 | ISBN: 0226609154, 0226609146 | English | 457 pages | EPUB | 4 MB
Sex is beyond reason, and yet we constantly reason about it. So, too, did the peoples of ancient Greece and Rome. But until recently there has been little discussion of their views on erotic experience and sexual ethics.
The Sleep of Reason brings together an international group of philosophers, philologists, literary critics, and historians to consider two questions normally kept separate: how is erotic experience understood in classical texts of various kinds, and what ethical judgments and philosophical arguments are made about sex? From same-sex desire to conjugal love, and from Plato and Aristotle to the Roman Stoic Musonius Rufus, the contributors demonstrate the complexity and diversity of classical sexuality. They also show that the ethics of eros, in both Greece and Rome, shared a number of commonalities: a focus not only on self-mastery, but also on reciprocity; a concern among men not just for penetration and display of their power, but also for being gentle and kind, and for being loved for themselves; and that women and even younger men felt not only gratitude and acceptance, but also joy and sexual desire.
Contributors: Eva Cantarella, Kenneth Dover, Chris Faraone, Simon Goldhill, Stephen Halliwell, David M. Halperin, J. Samuel Houser, Maarit Kaimio, David Konstan, David Leitao, Martha C. Nussbaum, A. W. Price, Juha Sihvola
- Ebooks list page : 45580
- 2018-11-01The Sleep of Reason Erotic Experience and Sexual Ethics in Ancient Greece and Rome
- 2012-06-06It Never Snows In September: The German View Of Market-Garden And The Battle of Arnhem September 1944
- 2021-09-15Steven Pinker Enlightenment Now The Case For Reason, Science, Humanism, And Progress (unabridged) - Removed
- 2021-03-21The Sleep of Reason: The James Bulger Case [Audiobook]
- 2020-09-13Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress [Audiobook]
- 2019-09-28Steven Pinker Enlightenment Now The Case For Reason, Science, Humanism, And Progress (unabridged) - Removed
- 2019-07-25%(Recommended) - Why You Should Read Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress by Steven Pinker Online or Download [MOBI EPUB PDF] - Removed
- 2018-11-24The Journey to WOW The Path to Outstanding Customer Experience and Loyalty
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Sleep of Reason: James Bulger Case
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Rain Forests of Cameroon: Experience and Evidence from a Decade of Reform (Directions in Development)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] The Bounds of Reason: Game Theory and the Unification of the Behavioral Sciences
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Mammoth Book of Erotic Romance and Domination
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Narration of Desire: Erotic Transferences and Countertransferences
- 2017-11-19[PDF] The Indian Army, 1939-47: Experience and Development
- 2017-11-18[PDF] The Sleep of Behemoth: Disputing Peace and Violence in Medieval Europe, 1000-1200
- 2017-10-31The Sleep of Reason: The James Bulger Case
- 2017-10-06[PDF] 150 Tips and Tricks for New Nurses: Balance a hectic schedule and get the sleep you need...Avoid illness and stay positive...Continue your education and keep up with medical advances - Removed
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Delivering Effective Social Customer Service: How to Redefine the Way You Manage Customer Experience and Your Corporate Reputation
- 2012-04-27The Bounds of Reason: Game Theory and the Unification of the Behavioral Sciences (Repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.